Faq Jonathan

  • Who should I call first when involved in an accident?


    When you are involved in an accident it is common practice to speak to the insurance company of the other parties involved. The adjuster assigned to your claim will be friendly and provide you with great customer service and a sense of compassion. It is very important to remember the goal of the insurance company is to pay out as little as possible for claims.

    This is why it is important to contact us at 516-730-3446 or e-mail us at info@jonkdavislaw.com BEFORE you provide statements to the insurance companies handling the claim for the alleged individuals that caused the accident. An attorney can advise you on what to say to protect the integrity of your claim and help you get the fair payout you deserve.

  • I was injured in a busy public place, what do I do?


    Whether your injury was caused due to an environment left in disrepair such as a broken stair step, a lack of cleanliness in the area, or complacent signage to warn of dangers, if possible, always obtain as many photos of the area as possible and speak with witnesses and obtain their contact information for possible testimony at a later date.

  • I fell while shopping at the department store and was injured. Can I sue?


    Handling a lawsuit against a large corporation such as Macy’s, H & M or Home Depot is something that should be done with care. If you were injured by a slip, trip or fall, it is important you seek immediate medical attention. Once you have your injuries documented, the next thing you should do is contact us to discuss your rights and the possibility of compensation for medical bills and lost wages and compensation for your pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life! If you can, try to take photos of the area and what specifically caused you to fall as well as speak with witnesses and obtain their contact information and request from the store an accident report.

    Having as much evidence as possible increases the likelihood of a successful outcome.

  • I was injured due to the unlawful use of fireworks by a third-party individual. Can I sue?


    If you were at a private event and received burns or other injuries due to unlawful use of fireworks that you were unaware of such as a party at a friend’s house where attendees decided to set off fireworks in the dark or an individual in your immediate area such as a neighbor setting them off in the street, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. In the state of New York most personal use of fireworks is illegal. If you have attended a public event and received injuries from fireworks that you feel was caused by negligence on the part of licensed professionals, you may also be entitled to compensation. As always, it is best practice to obtain photos and witness contact information and seek medical attention for your injuries.

  • I was involved in a motor vehicle accident and suffered injuries.


    If you hit another vehicle due to what you believe to be unlawful or reckless behavior on their part, take the following steps:

    1. Contact law enforcement for a police accident report. This report will strongly help your case.
    2. Take photos of the damage to your car as well as photos of other vehicles involved in the accident.
    3. Most important is to seek medical attention immediately.by telling the police on the scene that an ambulance is need for you injuries.
    4. Contact US immediately at 516-730-3446 or e mail us at info@jonkdavislaw.com
  • My mother is in a nursing home and I feel as though the staff are neglecting her.Can you help me?


    Yes! There is no excuse for elder neglect or abuse, and you must act quickly to preserve the health and safety of your loved one. If you feel as though the victim has wounds or injuries that need immediate medical attention, contact a medical professional outside of the nursing home immediately. After you are sure the victim is stable, contact us to help you determine what kind of case you can have against the nursing home staff and facilities.

    Signs of elder neglect or abuse:

    • You visit frequently and your loved one is always in the same position in their bed. If you can, check for possible bed sores or try to communicate with them regarding their situation.
    • You notice bruising on their body that you feel can’t be explained away.
    • They are dirty and clearly have not received proper hygiene care.
    • Their medical situation drastically changes for the worse after admitting them to the facility such as extreme weight loss, behavior issues, and their overall health and wellness.

    If you have suffered an injury and are unsure if you are eligible for compensation,call us for a consultation at 516-730-3446 or e-mail info@jonkdavislaw.com to discuss your case and the probability of a lawsuit to protect your rights as a victim and be compensated for hardship caused by the accident.

Get In Touch

Get Your Free Consultation Today